Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meeting the New Neighbors

I've decided the married couple's equivalent of a first date must be the first BBQ in a new neighborhood. I have changed my outfit three times and spent all week mulling over what appetizer to bring. I am frustrated by thoughts of "what if they are offended that we're bringing beer?" "what if I do something really stupid?" "what if the baby bites someone else's child?"and most importantly, "what if they don't like us?". It didn't help that as of yesterday, making sure people really like us became more important than ever when our next door neighbor, also the neighborhood gossip, sprayed my dog with the hose because she just "can't take the barking anymore." That's what she said when she said when she looked up and saw me watching her. Yes, my little terrier barks for a few minutes when she sees other dogs. I'm sorry and we're working on it. It gives her no right to discipline my dog, especially in anger.

So here I am, all ready to go, with over a half an hour to burn. Typical of me. So I'm spending my time blogging about it. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment