Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Organize Your Tops!

I am not a neat person. Ask my husband, this is his biggest issue with me. I constantly leave stuff EVERYWHERE. But somehow, I still believe that I'm organized. I'm probably not really organized, but the trick is believing you are. If you can get past the clutter on my counter tops and open my cabinets, you will see there is some truth in this. It does help that in our new house I have more cabinets than I know what to do with. But that's besides the point.

One organizational issue I had was how to organize the lids to my pots. Do you try to stack them up? Lean them against the sides of the cabinet? There really didn't seem to be any solution to this problem. I wanted some kind of organizer, and in my mind I envisioned a wooden rack with dowel-rods separating the lids to hold them vertical. The problem was I had no one to make it for me and wood work is a hobby I have no desire to pursue. I was complaining to my sister when she suggested I try a dish rack. I couldn't believe how simple the solution could be. I found this perfect dish drying rack at Ikea for $5.99! The size is perfect for my cabinet and fits all but one of my lids (it's just a smidge too bulky to fit).

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment