Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Cleaning... Lets make it fun!

I started my spring cleaning today. I always thought I'd be one of those people who do the deep cleaning incrementally, so I don't have to pack it in to one small amount of time. But alas, Procrastination and I are super good friends and March 20th has come and gone with my house still in dire need of deep cleaning. So might as well make it fun, right?

Ok, so there really is no way to truly make spring cleaning fun. But there are ways to make it slighly less painful. Here are my suggestions:

1. Put on your favorite up-beat music. Might as well dance around and sing while you clean!

2. Before you start, fill up an extra big cup of water so you keep yourself hydrated! Dehydration is the biggest culprit of making you feel sluggish and hungry. I'm using the giant cup with a straw and handle that I got from the hospital when I had my daughter.

3. Set small goals for yourself. They are easier to accomplish and won't make you feel so overwhelmed. For instance, I pick a project each week. This week I'm cleaning baseboards, doors, and door frames. I'm doing the downstairs today and the upstairs the following two days (I have way more doors upstairs than down). Next week I'm going to clean the windows. Yes, this will probably mean that I'll be spring cleaning well into summer. Oh well, at least my house will be slightly cleaner than if I never did anything.

4. Reward yourself for a job well done! When you've accomplished your goal for the day, treat yourself to a peice of chocolate or a glass of wine. What's that, you would have had that glass of wine anyway? Well, now you can at least justify it.

If you need ideas of what things need to be cleaned, here's a thorough spring cleaning checklist.

Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment