Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Very Pinterest-ing Baby Shower

As you have probably seen on some of my previous blog posts, I am quite the Pinterest addict. I waste countless hours pinning crafts, sewing tutorials, and recipes, as well as a million other things to my plethora of boards. I still dream of the day when something from my own blog will be pinned. When my best friend and I decided we'd throw a baby shower for a couple of our friends who are due for new additions in late March and early April, I knew I had some great ideas pinned already! Check out some of my Pinterest inspired items, and one I came up with on my own. I must admit, I have to work on my photography skills.



To make the Baby Kisses favors, I followed this tutorial. I filled mine with Hershey Kisses. The Cupcake gifts for the mama's were made following this tutorial, although I used a pair of newborn pants for one of them.

My Dollar Store cupcake stand; also, I used these helpful tips for better cupcakes.


For the vases I used a couple of Ball jars and one upcycled spaghetti sauce jar and just added a ribbon. The votive holders are upcycled baby food jars I saved from a shower I threw my sister almost 3 years ago! (I may have a minor hoarding problem). To remove the stubborn glue from the jars, I warmed them with a hair dryer to get the worst of it off, then used an S.O.S. pad to get the rest of the glue and any stamped expiration dates off.

It was just a small shower since this isn't the first baby for either girl. We also had a girl/boy/neutral theme since one mama is having a girl and the other has been told she has a 75% chance of having a boy.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the food. We had a lovely spread of sliders, cucumber sandwiches, fruit salsa, veggie pizza, and the most delicious strawberry angel food dessert I've ever eaten!

No comments:

Post a Comment