Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Two Must Have Sewing Tutorials

I have to share these two sewing tutorials that I've found and used. They are must haves for sewing mamas with small frys. Just starting out at sewing? No worries, they are super easy to follow and don't require any advanced sewing skills.

The first tutorial is perfect for the season: flannel PJ pants! I've already made two pair for my kiddo and a pair for my nephew. My sister wanted our kids to have matching PJs for Christmas Eve, so this was the most economical solution I could find and paired them up with some Christmas Tshirts from Old Navy. I added a bow on the front since my husband was a little weirded out that the first pair didn't have a front and back.




The second tutorial is perfect for my girlie-girl. It's rare to see my daughter not carrying around a baby doll or purse, and I was tired of watching her drag around silly gift bags or reusable shopping bags as her purse. I found this super cute tutorial on how to make a purse from old jeans. The blogger uses her daughters old embellished jeans to create an adorable purse. I didn't have any old jeans of my daughters that needed to be up-cycled (and lets face it, she's only now wearing 18 months; that would be one tiny purse), so I used some pieces of my own old jeans that I had cut off and just sewed on a purple heart. If I use this tutorial again (who am I kidding; WHEN I use this again), I will avoid using the original cuff; it was too hard to sew over.

No comments:

Post a Comment