Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mommy Fail

So I have my first Mommy Fail for the month of March. I've been wanting to teach Mia how to blow out her candles for her first birthday party last month. A friend of mine had taught her daughter how to do that a few years ago, and it was quite impressive. I had lit a candle in the bathroom this morning to kill the smell of bleach cleaner. When it came time to blow out that candle, I thought I'd show Mia, use it as a teaching moment. Unfortunately, the candle holder was one of those ones that look like a real tall wine glass. She wasn't getting the blowing thing, just wanted to touch it. I was holding her close arm down so she couldn't reach it. I finally gave up on the teaching moment, and blew it out myself. Then, somehow with her other arm, she reached out and knocked the candle holder down, spilling hot wax all over the bathroom counter. Thankfully, the wax didn't get on her or me. Just on my freshly cleaned bathroom counter. Fail! Hopefully this means I got my fail out of the way and I'm done for the month. For some reason, I highly doubt that.

No comments:

Post a Comment